I'm almost two weeks into my mini comic challenge,



1-I have started with a script for the project. I have dabbled with this before but no to this extent. I started writing the story in a screenplay prose format initially, but then about 2/3rds through the story was getting off track from my original idea. I jotted down the basic concept in a synopsis/treatment style. This helped a lot and meant that I got the bare bones of the story down. Once I was happy with that, I tuned it into a numbered list and placed a return where I thought each panel break might go. This left me with about 30 panels. Doing the math on this only leaves me with about 5 pages so far, but this should right itself as I go.

2-This is the storyboards (thumbnails) stage. For most of the work I have ever created I have started with this stage. Which is fine for shorter works but you quickly run into problems past 3-4 pages. I'm about halfway through laying out the script into storyboard form at the moment. I probably prefer to refer to it as a storyboard as thumbnails are technically smaller. I'm drawing these the same size the finished art will be, which is A4. I have found i am adding an extra panel for almost every number on the script so I should just hit my 12 page mark give or take a page.

3-I've been working on the character sketches from the beginning  I have an older male character and a younger female character. I have a loose image in my head of what I want them to look like but I haven't quite got it on paper yet. I think I'm about 80-90% there though.
the next step will be to tighten up the character sketches so i know how to draw them exactly over and over in the panels.

I set the first wek to have the script written and the second week for the storyboard, so far I'm on track.

Comments

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Making an ePub (Part One)

Review of Sanford Prismacolour Non-photo blue pencils